Here’s a New Year’s Resolution You can Smile About! Ten Steps to Happy Teeth and a Happy You:
- Floss once a day. Without flossing you miss 40% of the tooth surface.
- Brush twice a day. Brush for 2 minutes with a fluoride toothpaste, and brush your tongue.
- Schedule at lease 2 dental check-ups and cleanings each year.
- Eat healthy. Cut down on sweets and eat more fruits and veggies.
- Stop smoking. It’s bad for everything!
- Drink more water. Stop drinking soda!
- Stress causes you to clench and grind your teeth, wearing them down and breaking your teeth. Have your dentist make you a nightguard if you do.
- Chew sugarless gum after meals. This stimulates saliva flow to clean off your teeth.
- Wear a custom fit sports mouthguard when playing contact sports. This helps prevent broken teeth and concussions.
- Smile more. You will feel better :-)))
Dr. Philip A. Gentry, DDS